Academic Scholarships for First-Year Students
Merit based scholarships have been established to recognize academic achievement for our incoming first-year students. Applicants receive consideration for these scholarships based on the following:
- high school academic performance
- SAT or ACT scores (if submitted)
- demonstrated service to school, community and church
- proven leadership ability
Awards begin at $1,000, and each scholarship is available for eight undergraduate terms. To remain eligible for these scholarships, recipients must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress, be enrolled full time (minimum of 12 billable credit hours), participate in University-sponsored extracurricular activities and serve as a responsible member of the university community.
- Apply for admission to the University of Dayton (admission.udayton.edu) by the Early Action deadline of November 1st or the Regular Decision deadline of February 1 of your senior year in high school for first-year admission. Transfer students are also automatically considered based on their admission application, and should apply prior to the published deadlines for each term (admission.udayton.edu/transfer).
- The University of Dayton is test-optional in admission for the fall 2021 entering class and beyond. Our new test-optional policy applies to traditional first-year students, as well as high school students applying for admission to the UD Sinclair Academy. Should you choose to submit test scores as part of your application, take the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) and/or the American College Test (ACT) no later than December of your senior year in high school. Indicate that your scores are to be sent to the University of Dayton.
Please refer to our website for additional information.