Academic Scholarships for First-Year Students
Merit based scholarships have been established to recognize academic achievement for our incoming first-year students. Applicants receive consideration for these scholarships based on the following:
- high school academic performance
- SAT or ACT scores (if submitted)
- demonstrated service to school, community and church
- proven leadership ability
Awards begin at $1,000, and each scholarship is available for eight undergraduate terms. To remain eligible for these scholarships, recipients must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress, be enrolled full time (minimum of 12 billable credit hours), participate in University-sponsored extracurricular activities and serve as a responsible member of the university community.
- Apply for admission to the University of Dayton (admission.udayton.edu) by the Early Action deadline of November 1st or the Regular Decision deadline of February 1 of your senior year in high school for first-year admission. Transfer students are also automatically considered based on their admission application, and should apply prior to the published deadlines for each term (admission.udayton.edu/transfer).
- Our test-optional policy applies to incoming first-time college students, as well as high school students applying for admission to the UD Sinclair Academy. UD’s test-optional admission process allows each applicant to have more control of their application for admission to the University of Dayton. Each applicant can decide to submit standardized college entrance exam scores if they believe the scores add value to their candidacy. Alternatively, an applicant may choose not to submit the scores and instead place greater emphasis on their school record and other supporting documentation. Students may submit test scores through the December ACT or SAT test dates of their senior year of high school. Updated scores must be received by February 1.
Please refer to our website for additional information.