The Women's Center is open to all students, faculty, and staff who want to think about the ways in which gender intersects and impacts our lives.
Through the programming and resources provided by our staff, within the Center, and on our website, members of the UD community can explore topics around feminism and gender roles, healthy living and positive body image, and diversity and inclusion.
- Physical Space: we have a comfortable, relaxed space on the second floor of Alumni Hall where students can study, have group meetings, or just hang out. The Center also has several spaces that can be reserved by any University of Dayton student, faculty, or staff.
- Resource Library: our resource library in 208 Alumni Hall offers a wide range of books, magazines, periodicals, brochures, and other multimedia that can be checked out using your UD ID. Feel free to stop in and browse, or search for materials through the UD Roesch Library catalog.
We strive to be agents of positive change by identifying gender-related needs and issues, evaluating the effectiveness of existing programs and services, and being active participants in institutional strategic planning efforts around equity and inclusion.
- Lactation Rooms: the Women's Center works with Facilities Management and Human Resources to maintain five lactation rooms on campus for mothers to breastfeed or privately express breast milk.
- Pregnancy and Parenting Resources: the Women's Center strives to make UD as inclusive and supportive as possible for all students with dependent children. This includes policy recommendations, evaluation of services, and updating a resource list of campus and local community resources for students with dependents.
The Women's Center provides support and resources for personal development and professional advancement.
- Salary Negotiation Workshops: our staff are trained Start Smart Salary Negotiation workshop facilitators; these workshops are designed for undergraduate and graduate students about to enter the job market. By using the skills taught in this workshop, you are prepared to negotiate your starting salary, improve your lifelong earning potential, articulate your value, build confidence in your negotiation style, sharpen your budgeting skills.
Alumni Hall, 2nd Floor
300 College Park
Dayton, Ohio 45469 - 0322
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Phone: 937-229-5390
- Website: www.udayton.edu/womenscenter