2023-2024 Academic Catalog

Veteran and Military Education Benefits

Military and Veteran Programs and Services (MVPS) Center

The Military and Veteran Programs and Services (MVPS) Center is located in Zehler Hall 203. Our website is udayton.edu/veterans. We can be reached by email at vetservices@udayton.edu and by phone at 937-229-5541. Our mailing address is: 300 College Park, Dayton OH, 45469-1481. Staff are available from Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. eastern. Our Student Success Lounge is collocated with our staff offices, but offers extended morning, evening, and weekend hours for student patron use. Please review the topic of this catalog titled "Military and Veteran Programs and Services (MVPS)" under the "Student Life and Services" section for more details about the center and services offered.

Veteran and Military Education Benefits Requests

All academic departments at the University of Dayton are approved by the State Approving Agency for Veterans' Training. All degree granting programs from last year's catalog are approved. If you interested in a brand new program, please contact us to inquire as to whether your major is approved yet for benefits. There is sometimes a delay between the creation of a new major and its approval for VA benefits. Any student who is requesting VA or DoD benefits is required to complete and sign all required forms, which can be obtained on our website and through the VA and DoD. Each semester, a request for VA benefits certification must be submitted through our website. The MVPS Center is available to assist you with this process. Students using VA and DoD benefits must inform us of any changes made to major, enrollment, or registration. Failure to follow this procedure may result in cancellation of benefits by the Department of Veterans Affairs.  If a student on probation fails to acquire the required cumulative grade point average at the end of the next full-time term, the benefits may cease.

The University of Dayton adheres to all VA and DoD education benefits policies. Most of these can be found in the VA's School Certifying Official Handbook and the DoD's Voluntary Education Partnership Memorandum of Understanding (dodmou.com). Service Members should contact their military Education Center before enrolling.

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at benefits.va.gov/gibill. VA benefit recipients can contact the VA education hotline at 1-888-GIBILL-1 or can submit a help ticket online as ask.va.gov.

Veterans Benefits and Transition Act

University of Dayton in accordance with the Veterans Benefits and Transition Act of 2018 will not impose any penalty, including the assessment of late fees, the denial of access to classes, libraries or other institutional facilities, or the requirement that a Chapter 31 or Chapter 33 recipient borrow additional funds to cover the individual’s inability to meet his or her financial obligations to the institution due to the delayed disbursement of a payment by the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs (VA). This policy is limited to tuition funds paid by the U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs.

Students should submit their VA education benefits "Certificate of Eligibility" (COE) to vetservices@udayton.edu.