Academic Scholarships for First-Year Students
Merit based scholarships have been established to recognize academic achievement for our incoming first-year students. Applicants receive consideration for these scholarships based on the following:
- high school academic performance
- SAT or ACT scores
- demonstrated service to school, community and church
- proven leadership ability
Awards begin at $1,000, and each scholarship is renewable for eight undergraduate terms. To remain eligible for these scholarships, recipients must maintain the required minimum cumulative grade point average, be enrolled full time (minimum of 12 credit hours), participate in University-sponsored extracurricular activities and serve as a responsible member of the university community.
- Apply for admission to the University of Dayton (online at the University homepage) by November 1st of your senior year in high school.
- Take the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) and/or the American College Test (ACT) no later than October. Indicate that your scores are to be sent to the University of Dayton.
Please refer to our website for additional information.