2023-2024 Academic Catalog

General Requirements

Transcript Evaluations for Licensure

Teacher Education License - Prospective students holding a bachelor degree and wishing to have transcripts evaluated for a teaching license or endorsement, should contact the School of Education and Health Sciences Dean's Office at 937-229-3146 or amiddleton1@udayton.edu

School Counseling License - Prospective students wishing to earn a school counseling license, should contact the Department of Counselor Education and Human Services at 937-229-3624 or lmadrie1@udayton.edu

School Administration Licenses - Prospective students wishing to earn a school administrator@ license, should contact the Department of Educational Administration at 937-229-3738 or jkeivel1@udayton.edu

Academic Standing

To qualify for graduation, a graduate student must maintain a grade point average of 3.0 (B) in all work undertaken toward the degree.

Employed Graduate Students

The typical course load for any graduate student who is fully employed is six semester hours for the Fall and Spring terms and for the first half of the Summer term. 

"I" and "IP" Grades

The "I" (incomplete) grade may stand for a period of no more than one year from the end of the term in which the "I" was posted. If the "I" is unchanged after one year, it becomes an "F" and the student must re-register to retake the course, and the "F" becomes permanent on the transcript.

The "IP" (in progress) grade is used in lieu of a grade for approved courses which have not terminated at the end of a semester.