A student enrolls in the curriculum prescribed for the academic year in which he or she is registered as a first-year student at the University of Dayton. If for any reason it is necessary or desirable to change to a subsequently established curriculum, the student must meet all of the requirements of the new curriculum.
The degrees Bachelor of Chemical, Civil, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering and Bachelor of Science in Engineering Technology are conferred at commencement if the general requirements enumerated here have been fulfilled as well as those listed below:
- All bachelor's degrees granted by the University of Dayton require a 2.0 cumulative grade point average and at least a 2.0 grade point average in each major, minor or concentration.
- The cumulative grade-point average in all courses which have an engineering prefix must be at least 2.0.
- All prescribed courses outlined in the respective curricula must have been passed with grades of D or better. Although courses may be scheduled in terms other than as listed, all prerequisites and corequisites must be met.
- All students in the School of Engineering must register under Grade Option 1 for all courses in engineering, mathematics, and science except those offered only under Grade Option 2.
- The student must have taken their last 30 semester hours from the University of Dayton.
The semester hours of credit required for graduation in each engineering curriculum administered by the School of Engineering are as follows:
|Bachelor of Chemical Engineering||135|
|Bachelor of Civil Engineering||133|
|Bachelor of Electrical Engineering||134|
|Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering||132|
|Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering||134|
The semester hours of credit required for graduation in each engineering technology curriculum administered by the School of Engineering are as follows:
Bachelor of Science in Engineering Technology
|Electronic and Computer Engineering||132|
|Global Manufacturing Systems Engineering||134|