1. The candidate must successfully complete all course requirements for the BS in Business Administration including:
a. courses in the liberal arts required by the University Common Academic Program
b. courses in business and liberal arts required for all School of Business Administration (SBA) students;
c. courses required to complete a major in the SBA.
2. Students must complete 126 total semester hours to graduate.
a. Courses totaling 54 semester hours must be at the 300-400 level.
b. Waived course hours must be made up with an equivalent number of undergraduate course hours.
c. Only 7 hours of course work can double count between two majors or a major and a minor.
d. From 0 to 12 hours of general elective credits are required to reach the required total semester hours, depending on major and choice of courses to fill Common Academic Program requirements. The general elective hours may be used to support a second major or minor.
e. At least 30 of the final 36 semester hours must be earned in residence at the University of Dayton.
f. Only 6 semester hours of transfer credit toward Business classes may apply to a student's degree program. Exceptions are made for transfer students.
3. The candidate for graduation must have at least a 2.0 cumulative grade point average and also at least a 2.0 grade point average in each major and minor. The 2.0 grade point average in the major includes all courses attempted in the student’s major except for the courses that are part of the SBA core.
4. In addition to those courses which must be taken under Option 1, a student may take a maximum of 12 semester hours of general electives under Option 2 within the hours required for graduation in the degree program. A student may take any course beyond the minimum hours required for graduation in the degree program under Option 2. All courses that are used to fulfill the Common Academic Program, Business, major, minor and competency requirements must be taken under Option 1.
5. The candidate has the responsibility of meeting degree requirements for the BS in Business Administration. Therefore, the student should be thoroughly familiar with the degree requirements and with his or her progress towards meeting those requirements.
6. Students must complete the BWISE requirements.