2021-2022 Academic Catalog

Change of Major

A current Engineering student may schedule an appointment with the department chair of the proposed major if they wish to learn more about the new major. Once they know they want to change their major within engineering, they submit the Request a Change of Major to or within Engineering link found in the Porches Engineering area.  The Assistant Dean will review the information and make the determination of the change.  A current UD student who intends to change majors from another academic unit to the School of Engineering must have met the minimum of the mathematics, physics and chemistry requirements, along with a minimum of 3.0 GPA to be considered for admission into the School of Engineering.  For further information, these students must contact the Assistant Dean in the School of Engineering.